About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Sunday, September 04, 2011

3rd International Artistic & Rythmic Gymnastics Friendship Competition.

I went to have lunch at Sunway Giza with my elder sisters yesterday and we were pleasantly surprised when we found out that an International Artistic & Rythmic Gymnastics Friendship Competition was being held there at that time. Hungry as we were, we decided to stop for a while to watch. Here are some photos:





Team New Zealand warming up. How I wish that I could do a split like that..


Such flexibility....


 From New Zealand doing  her ball routine..


 Spinning while holding this position is no small feat..


 New Zealand doing her ribbon routine..





Trying to catch the ribbon while looking graceful. Not always a success..


 Representing Hong Kong...


Lithe, petite and graceful...


My favorite participant, and not only because she represents Malaysia. 


 Malaysia with her ribbon routine. Although she did better with her ball routine (only one minor boo boo)
she almost never lost her smile even when she dropped her ribbon...


..or when she had to release a knot from her ribbon. She really was one of the best on the floor.


This is an amateur competition so of course there were a lot of apparatus dropping and hoops missing the mark. It was still enjoyable to watch as long as you don't expect a perfect performance like those in the Olympics. I still admire the courage, flexibility and strength that these girls displayed. Some of them were really quite good.


A common sight.. Opps! Hihi...


Makes me think about those who compete in the Olympics. I could only imagine the blood sweat and tears that went into their quest for the perfect performance. Phew!

When I have a child one day I would want my child to participate in gymnastics, InsyaAllah. Not to necessarily be a national champion but just to learn about balance, strength, teamwork, and sportsmanship. However, if he or she has the ability to go beyond and compete in a higher level (the Olympics perhaps? Hehe..), why not right?

This is all for now. Cheers! Wassalam...

0 comments :