About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Friday, February 17, 2012

When You're No Longer Serving The Government..

Hello peeps..
Sorry for the long hiatus. Had a lot on my mind and I don't seem to have anything to say.. Until now, obviously. As you know I am no longer serving the Malaysian Government and I noticed a difference between when I was and now. This is just one of them:

Here's what happens when I was serving the Government
*Lady Gaga ringtone*
Me: Hello?
Caller: Hello, boleh sy bercakap dgn Puan Prisilia *tongue twisting*?
Me: Ya, saya *disgruntled that my name was mangled beyond repair*
Caller: Sy Hanis *not her real name*, memanggil dari Blah Blah Blah *also not the financial institution's real name*. Syarikat kami mempunyai promosi bagi pembiayaan peribadi.. *yap yap yap so long and so fast that I can't get a word edge-wise and stop her so let her talk herself to the ground while I browse through Watson and grunt in response in the right places*

10 minutes later *if I'm lucky*...

Caller: Adakah Puan Prisilia berminat untuk menyertai promosi kami?
Me: *Gritting my teeth at my grossly mispronounced name* Uh tidak, terima kasih. Ada sudah.
Caller: Adakah Puan pasti?
Me: Iya.
Caller: Okay, terima kasih..
Me: Sama2.


Here's what happens when I'm NO LONGER serving the Government
*Lady Gaga ringtone*

Me: Hello?
Caller: Hello, boleh sy bercakap dgn Puan Prisilisia *tongue twisting*?
Me: Ya, saya *what on earth is wrong with these people?!*
Caller: Sy Liyana *not her real name*, memanggil dari Piu Piu Piu *also not the financial institution's real name*. Syarikat kami mempunyai promosi bagi pembiayaan peribadi.. *yap yap yap so I let her talk herself to the ground while I browse through Nichii and grunt in response in the right places*

30 minutes later *I was unlucky*...

Caller: Adakah Puan Prisilisia berminat untuk menyertai promosi kami?
Me: Tidak, sy sudah tidak berkhidmat dengan Kerajaan.
Caller: *Long pause*...  Apaaaa???
Me: Uh, sy tidak kerja Government sudah jadi sy tidak... *not finished talking*
Caller: *Hang up tone*


Errr.. Riiiggghhhhttt... So yeah, I am no longer a desired future client within the personal loan circle of financial institutions. Hahaha... I still get calls from poor, unsuspecting souls trying to ply me into participating into their so-called personal loan promotion but instead of wasting their time and most importantly, my time, I would just cut them off and say that I am no longer a Government Servant. They couldn't hang up fast enough. Seriously. If they were physically in front of me, I'm sure they'd leave skid marks trying to get away from me ASAP. Hihihi...

 So yeah, this is all for now peeps. Wassalam.

Love,
Phoebe

0 comments :