About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ramadhan Month 'Mukadimah' and Log (Day 1-Day 4)

Dear Readers,
It's the month of Ramadhan al-Mubarak and I'd like to take this opportunity to say 'Selamat Berpuasa' to all my Muslim friends. This is the month for the umat of Nabi Muhammad SAW and we should take this opportunity to reap as much pahala as possible. Aside from the pahala part, personally I'm aiming to kill two ADDITIONAL birds with one stone. How so you may ask? Well my dear friends, I'm aiming to lose weight and save money this Ramadhan.

In theory Ramadhan is the easiest time to do both. Afterall, those fasting do not eat from sunup to sundown thus saving money in the process and they will lose weight. In practice however most people tend to GAIN weight and spend more instead. Acting on impulse is the culprit, which we tend to do when we're hungry. Can't pick between Nasi Beriani Special and KFC? Have both! Can't make up your mind between pudding and ABC for dessert? Get both! Pedahal hari besa nda pun berdessert2 ni kan... Not only does this widens one's waist, it also slims the wallet. We want the opposite, no?

So here's a log of what I eat for sahur and sungkai for the past 4 days of puasa. Just want to record it to remember what I ate so that I can see where I can improve in my food choices.

Day 1
Sahur: 3 Dates, 1 glass of water
Sungkai: 3 dates, 1 glass of water, 2 slices of Thai Seafood Pizza with Volcano (or is it Volcanic? I'm not sure) Cheese (Stuffed Crust) and half a serving glass of Asam Boi Fizz Mocktail.
Cost: Not sure, my guy treated me on this. Thank you Ted..

Day 2
Sahur: 3 dates, 1 glass of Nesvita Low Fat Milk
Sungkai: 3 dates, 1 glass of water, Burger Special (with cheese and egg), 1 glass of cendol and a cup of pudding.
Cost: RM8

Day 3
Sahur: 3 dates, 1 glass of water
Sungkai: 3 dates, 1 small bottle of water and 3/4 bowl Konlau Mee with chicken.
Cost: RM4

Day 4
Sahur: 3 dates, 1 glass water, 1 glass of Nesvita Low Fat Milk and 1/2 packet of Chicken flavored Maggi with 1/2 an egg.
Sungkai: Not sungkai time yet so I'm not sure what I'll be having.
Cost: None... Yet.

You, my dear readers are invited to leave a comment on what you think I can improve in my meal choices so that it will be more nutritious and cost-friendly... Or you can even share your food log.. That would be great.. Cheers!

3 comments :

thefourtharif said...

u survive one day of puasa with just dates and air? thats what i call puasa.. my sahur is like the heaviest ever.. sebab masak dirumah sendiri... i eat ayam panggang, nasi putih, macaroni salad, apple crumble, a glass of milk, a cup of tea, 2 glasses of water, about 7/8 keping cookies... hahahahah mana ndak naik badan time puasa... itu belum cerita berbuka puasa... god help me...

oh ya... i also eat a lot of fruits... yg byk air... watermelon kah.. or yg sama waktu dengannya.. maybe u should too...

Phy said...

Wow.. That IS heavy Asrih.. Hahaha... You guys puasa for how many hours in a day? I mean is the day time longer there? I personally find that if I take a heavy sahur I tand to get hungry faster that's why I just rely on dates and water/milk.

Okay, will eat more water-based fruits. Beats drinking 2 litres of water.. Kembung perut wor..

thefourtharif said...

oh last week was like 19 hours... (coz its summer).. this week is quite ok.. about 17 hours.. it changes quite drastically... only god knows how penat it is... fortunately the weather is not that panas now.. so more energy is conserved... hahaha