About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Something to Share

Hi everyone..
I was watching Samantha Brown : Europe on TLC this afternoon. She's my favorite female travel host ever because she's so funny and has such a cheery personality. She was touring Edinburgh, Scotland and she mentioned something that kinda bowled me over and I felt that I just have to share it with you guys.


Samantha Brown

When people say Great Britain, I always thought of England, London, tea, scones etc. Basically, all things English. Britain is English and English is Britain. It turns out that Great Britain is comprised of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

Did you guys know that? I certainly didn't. The most interesting part is this means that a person who is born and raised in Scotland for example is a Scot, not English but they are British and this goes the same to the Welsh and Irish as well.


 London


Scotland

Ireland

I don't know why I'm so excited  over this fact but...  I just am. Nerdy huh? Hahaha... I've always wanted to travel to Scotland, Ireland and England *keeping my fingers crossed* but now I can just unclutter my goals by aiming to travel to Great Britain.. Hehehe...

It just hit me that maybe you've known about this all these while. Gee, that would be embarrassing although I must say those who knew this because they went to school overseas in the UK and Ireland doesn't count.. :)

That's all for now peeps. Cheers!

4 comments :

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Samantha Brown has THE best job ever! Btw, interesting nugget...i didnt know that either!

Phy said...

Doesn't she? It would be a dream to have her job.. Kan? I've always thought of Ireland as a country on it's own or something.. :)

thefourtharif said...

yup... it comprises the 4 countries. That's Y Ireland is divided into 2 parts, the UK part and the republic of ireland (where I'm no). Eventhough they have similar currency (pound), scottish pound is not actually accepted in the other countries...

Phy said...

Really? I soooo didn't know that. Doesn't it get a bit complicated that way?