About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Monday, July 09, 2012

So Many Things To Say, So Little Time

Hello, hello..
OMG, I have wanted to sit down and open my lappy to blog for the longest time but my laundry (both dirty & clean), dishes and princess always got the best of me. I had also been sick with a nasty cold and cough for the past 3 weeks and after taking Piriton for my cold, I almost always become twit-eyed with sleepiness in 10 minutes flat.

Anyways, the first thing I wanted to talk about was an incident that happened 2 weeks ago. I was doing my laundry when I heard a girl crying. She was wailing and screaming. From what I could gather (not that I was eavesdropping because I was being a busybody, I was deeply concerned) she was arguing with her boyfriend and he hit her. She screamed for him to get out but it seemed like he shouted back, grabbed her and brought her into one of the rooms. Boy was I scared for her.

I felt really at a lost at what to do. Do I intervene? If I do, how do I go about it? What if it will backfire on me and my princess? On the other hand a girl was being abused here in the hands of an irresponsible and cowardly male. I felt that I couldn't possibly let it be without doing something. In the end, all I could do was say a little prayer for her safety and that she may get the strength to leave that poor excuse of a male person (I won't even categorize him as a human being). I also prayed that I, my friends and family as well as all women in the world would be spared from being in an abusive relatoinship. I felt so disturbed for days. Even up till now, the girl kept crossing my mind. I wonder how she is. I hope she is no longer with that guy.

Next thing is that on the 2nd of July 2012, my workplace organized a blood donation drive. I wanted so badly to donate and had looked forward to that date since it was announced 2 weeks prior to the event. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to donate as Sophie isn't a year old yet. Oh well.. Huhu..

One thing that I noticed though, there are still a lot of people here that do not have the inclination to donate. The majoruty gave the excuse that they don't have enough blood. Cukup2 saja kunu untuk diri sendiri. I wonder how they would feel if one day, God forbid, they would badly need a blood transfusion but they couldn't get it because people give lame excuses. Sorry, I know blood donation is voluntary and no one should be forced to do it but to see strong men cringe at needles kind of sets me off. Apa la guna jadi lelaki kalo jarum pun takut? Bikin malu jak.

Unless you're pregnant, having your period, are sick/diseased and or taking medication, under-weight, had surgery less than 6 months or had a baby less than a year, have low or high blood pressure, etc., you are eligible to donate blood. It's especially good for guys to donate because they don't lose blood like we women folk do every month so donating gives a man's blood the opportunity to 'renew' itself.

Oh well..

I am off to Perdana Park now. Nope, not to go jogging but just to break out of a rut.

posted from Bloggeroid

0 comments :