About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Monday, August 15, 2011

Phy Is Finally Resigning..

Assalamualaikum and hello peeps...
Yup, you read right.. I am finally, finally taking the big step of resigning from the Government. I don't deny that I feel somewhat scared and anxious about my future but at the same time I feel a sense of excitement about it as well.

I have made my decision known to my boss on Thursday afternoon and he didn't really stop me, although he did ask me to think about it carefully as a lot of people that he knew that resigned ended up regretting their decision. I told him that there is a chance that I may regret it in the future (we might never know), but I really think that it is the best course for me right now.

I have been saying that I wanted to resign since the month of May 2011. So you may ask, what finally pushed me over the edge? Well, a lot actually. Not that I would go specifically into each incident with too much details. Something that happened on Thursday morning was the straw that broke the camel's back..

It really wasn't too big of a deal if that was the only thing that happened. The week before saw me storming off as well from indecent policemen shouting in my face disrespectfully and the week before that my boss made my blood boil from giving me a warning for leaving 15 minutes early while letting others who went out 2 hours early Scott-free.

He even defended them saying that they do more work than I do, which made me wonder how did they have 2 hours more free time than I if that was really the case? Oh, and I never knew that discipline in terms of working hours are only for those who work at counters and not applicable for those in the administration offices. Thanks boss.

So yeah, I finally made my intention known and clear. I thought that I would just need to type up a resignation letter and submit. It turned out that there are forms to fill (download sendiri from the Internet), interrogation (which is totally unnecessary in my opinion. I want to leave cause, obviously, the place sucks), personal letter of resignation and letter of approval from the Big Boss (which again is unnecessary according to the Perintah Am).

Grr... Resigning from the Government is really like going through a messy divorce. I just can't wait to get it over with. I also requested to use up all my leave for the remaining month. Lets just hope it gets approved because I'll be going to KL on the 20th August 2011 and take time to settle my "divorce" from the Government after I come back. I guess it's really up to them whether we do it the easy way or the difficult way.

This is all for now folks. Cheers! Wassalam..





0 comments :