About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day - My Concern As A Single Mom.

Hello hello..

First of all I'd like to wish all men out there who really work hard at being the best father they can be a Happy Father's Day. For me,Father's Day is bitter sweet. On one hand, I am celebrating my father who has shed blood sweat and tears to raise me the best he can and has been by my side through the darkest moments in my life. Without him, I wouldn't have made it this far for sure.

On the other hand I am imagining a few years down the line, when Sophia will be going to school. Usually, whenever an occasion such as Mother's Day and Father's Day is around the corner, kids are required to make a card in arts class. I can't stop myself from imagining the instant when Sophia would realize that having only Mama, Grandpa and Grandmummy at home is not exactly 'normal'. Honestly, my heart cries every time I think about it and the questions and hurt that would come with it.

All I can do now is to pray to Allah SWT to ease the way in answering her questions the best I can. Most of all, I pray to Allah SWT to help me soothe her little heart. To guide me in letting her know that it doesn't matter what others might think of her, what's most important is what Allah SWT thinks of her. That Allah SWT had chosen her for this and has given her the strength deep within to face the challenges to come. That is doesn't matter where one comes from, it's where one is headed and how one gets there that matters.

To all fellow single mother's out there, I salute you comrades. This life we chose is not easy, often swinging between feeling extreme blessing of having our child(ren) be the light house guiding our lives to be better every single day and utter hell when your child (and you) get hurt by emotionally by the taunts and judgement by society.

That being said, if any of you single moms (including potential single moms) are reading this and ever feel the need to talk (about just about anything really) over a virtual cup of tea/coffee, please feel free to reach out and contact me via email phylliciarobert@gmail.com . I would love to hear from you and hope we can learn from each other, in shaa Allah.






Love,
Phy


0 comments :