About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My Lifestyle & Beauty Lust List 2015

Hello hello..

I'd like to share with you today on things that I have heard so many good things about and would love to have for myself. Some of them are lifestyle items whereas others are (duh!) beauty related. So without further ado, let's jump right into it.


1. Canon Powershot G7X


I started having problems with my camera around December 2013. Half of the screen became blank and when I tried to turn it on again a month ago, the whole screen went fuzzy. After 4 years, it had come to the end of it's shelf life. So the past 1.5 years I have been using my phone to take photos for my blog. Sounds convenient enough but the reality is, it's triple the work compared to using an actual camera and there is always that risk of virus from the computer to the phone. 

I have been hearing a lot of good things about the Canon Powershot G7X. It's a compact camera that  gives quality shots comparative to DSLR minus the bulk. It is only about 300g in weight and can be used to make videos as well. Check out the review done here comparing between the Canon G7X and Canon S120 and you will see just how well the G7X out performs the latter especially in low light and at night.

Price: RM2,199.00


2. Asus Transformer Book T100


As a blogger, being able to post an entry online on the go is obviously a convenience that I'd love to have. For the longest time I have been wanting a tab which I thought would be the best light-weight tool to achieve that. However, I noticed that even with larger tabs, typing on a touch screen can be a challenge. Fortunately nowadays more and more brands are coming out with notebooks that can be detached from the keyboard dock to double up as a tab. 

The notebook that caught my eye is the Asus Transformer Book T100. Unlike most notebooks which is practically a tab that can be attached to a flimsy keyboard, the keyboard dock of this notebook contains internal memory and has a USB port. The screen is 10.1" and has a touch screen surface. Perfetto!

Price: RM1,399.00


3. English Pear & Freesia Cologne by Jo Malone


I am not a total fragrance junkie. I am fine with putting on perfume but it is not something that I strive to put on every time I step out the door. The English Pear & Freesia fragrance by Jo Malone however is so light, fruity and lovely that just makes me want to make it my signature scent. It is indescribable just how perfectly balanced the sweetness and lightness of this fragrance is. If you have a boutique near you, I highly recommend that you stop by and have a whiff of this scent.

Price: N/A 


4. Clarisonic Mia2 Skin Cleansing System.


Who under 40 has not hear about this? Like, really? Everyone and their puppies on Youtube has been raving about this cleansing system for years and it shows no signs of stopping anytime soon. It's gentle on the skin,claims to  remove impurities 6 times better than just using one's hands which makes it easier for skincare to penetrate the skin more effectively. Oh, and did I mention that it's pink? 

Price: N/A


5.  Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray


Having oily skin, makeup just slides/fades off my face like nobody's business. I have been really wanting to try this product since I first heard of it 5 years ago. It claims to help make makeup last for 16 hours and it also prevents makeup from settling into the facial lines, making it look better overall. A lot of beauty gurus on Youtube recommend it, even those with very oily skin so I think it has a good chance of working well for me.

Price: N/A


So there you have it, my very short list on what's on my lifestyle and beauty wish list for this year. What items are on YOUR wish list? So share in the comments section below.


Love,
Phy



0 comments :