About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dainty Pearls: Hair Makeover, Another Sophie Milestone And My Latest Drama Series Obsession.

Hello hello..

Just want to do a Dainty Pearls updates for mid February 2014. If you don't know what a Dainty Pearls post is, click here to know more.

Sophie Can Eat Finger Foods By Herself
Actually, when she turned 16 months old, I had taught her feed herself finger foods. I used peas, raisins and cheese rolled into balls. She took it up immediately and did so for a few weeks. Then suddenly she regressed. She refused to pick up foods let alone put it into her mouth. Mau minta kena suap jak. Susah juga hati ni but a friend told me that it is quite normal and that I need to give it  time.

Every now and then I'd try to ask Sophie to take food from my palm to feed herself but she refused. Since she is coming to 2 years old, risau juga ni jadi like one of those kids yang kalau di playschool, independent tp kalau di rumah, mau makan pun kena suap (Nau'dzubillah minzallik)). Then on Tuesday baru2 ni, something told me to try again. I rolled some cheese into small bite-sized balls and she feed herself without much coaxing from me! Punya la sy senang hati! Hehe..

Streamyx
I had thinking about subscribing to Streamyx. A Telekom guy told me that the cheapest fee was RM120 and that really put a hold in my plans. Ya la, sy kan belum confirm. Nanti kalau la palis2 tidak kena confirm ni keja and then sudah subscribe to pay RM120 a month with a 1 year contract, mana mo cari duit untuk bayar? Sekali tengo rupanya the cheapest fee was actually RM60 for 384Mbps. Laaaaa... Rupanya. Minta kena pasut tu abang telekom tu bagi wrong info.

So I have decided to subscribe to the RM60 plan when I receive this month's pay. I am thinking of paying for 6 months upfront upon subscription and then pay RM100 every month until I've covered the payment for 1 year. In shaa Allah.

Once Upon A Time
I was late to jump on the bandwagon but man is it worth watching this drama series. I am obsessed! It's about Fairy Tale characters being real and the much-loved stories we know are actual histories. There are just so many life lessons to be learnt from it.

On the downside, by the 3rd season I was kind of weary of the 'True Love' and 'There is a harder but better way' litany but it is still tolerable. My favourite character has to be Rumplestiltskin. I really admire Robert Carlyle as he had to act 3 extremely different 'versions' of Rumple which is the coward, the Dark One and Mr Gold. Brilliant piece of acting if I may say so.


I love how you get a preview on what the episode is going to be about during the introduction. For example in the screenshot above you see a ship because the episode is about how Captain Hook became a pirate. Simple but oh-so-cool. (Photo Source)

If you haven't watched it, please do. You won't regret it I promise. I have 4 episodes left of season 3 and I am trying to drag it out a bit because the series is on mid-season break until March 2014. It's a good thing that I have other series to tide me over as I wait for the series to resume again.

Trying To Avoid Wastage
Earlier this week I discovered a L'Occitane skincare set that had expired in 2011 among my beauty items. Sayang betul oh. Such wastage is regretable and it prompted me to go through my beauty and makeup stash to separate the old and new products.

So far, I have only managed to separate my liquid and cream-based makeup items (I'm not so worried about powders because powders have a longer shelf-life). Skincare and body care products belum ada kesempatan lagi mo buat.

This week I have been using my old makeup products and switching them up every single day. Follow me on Instagram (@phylliciarobert) to see my picks everyday (Or every other day for that matter. Hehe..) as well as the looks I do with them. I don't do anything crazy as I use them for work but I will try to actually come up with something better and more creative soon in shaa Allah.

Hair Makeover
I am thinking of giving my hair a makeover. I am not sure what I am going to do though. I am considering the possibility of perming my whole head of hair as opposed to just a mid-length to ends type of perm that I usually do. Just curious on how I would look like with such crazy hair you know.

Something like this kind of curls. (Photo Source)

I am also thinking of dyeing my hair BUT I am a bit hesitant because I have never had a good experience with it. Adaaaaa saja masalah yang timbul. Terover bleach la, colour tidak masuk la.. Haih, pening tau asal dye rambut.

Isn't this caramel-brown color simply gorgeous? (Photo Source)

So what do you think? Should I just go for the hair colour and perm? Do share your thoughts in the comments section below.

Thank you for reading this post. I hope you have an awesome Sunday and I'll see you in the next post. Toodles!


Love,
Phy

0 comments :