About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Makeup Playdate: Semi-Dramatic Look For Work

Hello hello there..

I would like to share with you the look that I wore yesterday. I have been really into using coloured eyeliner on my waterline recently. I find that it is one of the many ways that I can incorporate colour into my makeup looks while still making it work-appropriate.

So here's my FOTD:





For the eyes, I did a cat-eye using khaki colored liquid liner. Eventhough the line is dramatic, the softer shade of khaki (as compared to black) helps to tone it down and make it wearable. I used the same color on my lower lashline and lined my waterline with a blue coloured pencil eyeliner. I merely wore a shimmery champagne cream shadow on my lids to keep the rest of the eye super simple.

On my face, I used a cream to powder foundation faker by Benefit. Next, I concealed my dark circles and redness with a liquid concealer and set it with a powder foundation.

Before I used the powder however, I dabbed a cheek and lip tint on the apple of my cheeks and blend the color towards the hairline.Then I used a powder blush over my cheeks. Using a cream blush or tint then setting it with a powder blush re-inforces the colour and helps the blush to last longer.

Last but not least, for my lips I start my moisturising my lips with a lip balm. Nothing heavy, a light swipe would do. I put on a dusty pink lip color then dabbed a peachy-gold coloured gloss lightly to the middle of my bottom and upper lips. This highlights and gives depth to my lips, making it look full.

Here is the list of products used:


Face
01. Benefit Some Kind-A Gorgeous foundation faker in Medium.
02. MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer in NW25
03. Make Up For Ever Powder Foundation (shade unknown)

Cheeks
01. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in Powder Pink.
02. Bobbi Brown blush in Pale Pink.

Eyes
01. MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
02. MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in Desires & Devices.
03. The Body Shop Eye Definer in 10 Brilliant Blue.

Lips
01. Paul Frank Lip Smacker in Clancy's Cotton Candy.
02. Bobbi Brown Lip Crayon in Naked Pink.
03. The Body Shop Liquid Lip Colour in 10.

Would you wear a cat-eye to work? How do you usually do your makeup to work? Share your thoughts in the comments below. Toodles!


Love,
Phy

0 comments :