About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What Would You Do?

Okay, I have heard for some time now that Facebook will be shut down on the 15th of March 2011 because of the various downsides associated with it.


To be honest I didn't believe that they would. Shut down Facebook that is. I thought that the announcement is just a false alarm, like the time waaaayyyy back in 1997 when they said that Earth would be invaded by aliens  by October in that same year and didn't (talk about awkward).


I have to admit that I like Facebook. A lot. And if they close it down I am going to be upset because I've re-connected with long-lost friends and family members through it. I've built cities and farming estates. I've made beautiful islands. I've...


Okay, taking deep, cleansing breaths now lest I get upset midway though this post.. I know I'm not alone in feeling this way about Facebook either.


The most important question now is what should we do in preparation of this improbable Facebook 'apocalypse'? Do we:


a. Save backups of all our uploaded pictures, friends' email addresses and contact numbers.

b. Terminate our Facebook accounts permanently ASAP so that we can gleefully say 'Hah! I terminated my account first. I left you Facebook, not the other way round. How do you like them apples?' (cue triumphant laugh). Pride is a very fragile thing.

c. Re-activate our sorely-neglected Friendster / Myspace account (or shame-facedly create a new account for those who had terminated theirs).

d. Do nothing.


I will be keeping my fingers crossed and go with 'a'. How about you, what would you do?

0 comments :