About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Phy Says: How Awesome Would It Be If Everyone Were Doing Their Dream Job?

Hello hello...

The past few weeks me and my sisters had been discussing what our dream jobs are. One would like to be an online retailer. Another wants to be a travel blogger. Then there's me, who wants to be a successful lifestyle blogger who is officially part of the Media, both in the local scene and who knows, one day in the International scene. (Ewah, ewah.. panjang pulak yer my dream job. Lol).

During my KK trip recently, I met a cousin of mine who would like to work by serving the community. It hit me really hard then and there just how diverse people's passions can be. What rocks your boat might sent another person run screaming in the other direction and vice versa.

The vast majority of us do our jobs because we need the money and we just grab whatever job we could get our hands on or because it was deemed 'good for us'. For example, we become nurses because we want to work as a Government Servant (Good pay, safe and secure), we become English teachers because there is a huge demand for it (Can do tuition in the side and get extra income even after pension) or we work as a banker because that's what we were offered.

However, when we do that, more often than not we feel discontent, unhappy, even miserable. Imagine Julio Inglesias or Adele working a 9 to 5 desk jobs. Or Charice still stuck in the Philiphines singing in night clubs.Yes, that's how miserable life could get.

Thing is, God created us all and instilled different talents and dreams in us. I am sure there are people out there whose dream job is to be a teacher, and there are those who would love nothing more than being a nurse. If everyone could follow their dreams, I am sure every work position would be filled by happy and motivated people. Surely the world would be a better place.

How awesome would it be if you are doing your dream job?

Love,
Phy

0 comments :