About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Monday, January 20, 2014

Recipe: Toasted Mushrooms.

Hello there!

Today's post is going to be a recipe that I made by 'accident' and have fallen in love with. I said I made it by accident because I had prepared the mushrooms and intended to sautee them for dinner. Unfortunately, (or rather, fortunately) we were having issues with our gas stove so I had to find another method of cooking for the mushrooms and so this dish came about. Let's get started shall we?

Ingredients:
5 medium sized Shiitake mushrooms, sliced.
1 clove of garlic, minced.
A little bit of unsalted butter (I typically use just a sliver)
Salt and black pepper.

Other items:
Foil
Toaster oven.

Method:
1. Line the toaster tray with foil.
2. Arrange the mushrooms evenly on the tray and sprinkle the minced garlic over them.
3. Strategically place dabs of butter all over the mushrooms so that when the butter melts, it would seep and reach every mushroom slice.
4. Turn the timer dial to 5.
5. When the mushrooms are cooked, sprinkle with a bit of salt and black pepper.
6. Mushrooms are done and ready to be served.

Serves 1.

Note:
1. My toaster oven is an old one, over 20 years old! Hence, it may differ from modern day toaster ovens. With mine, I can only control the timer but not the temperature. If your toaster oven enables you to determine the temperature, just choose a lower heat setting and keep an eye on the mushrooms. They don't take long to cook. When they start to brown, they should be ready.

2. Pakai oven pun boleh, tapi jadi la 'Baked Mushrooms instead of 'Toasted Mushrooms'. No hal mah, yang penting the finished product menjadi kan? ^^

3. You can use salted butter, just be careful of how much salt you season it with at the end.



I made some today but since I only had 2 small mushrooms, I just added them to the egg noodles I cooked instead of making them as a dish by themselves.

I hope you give this dish a try. It's so easy and tasty. Till the next post, toodles!


Love,
Phy

0 comments :