About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Summary Of The Year 2011

Hello peeps..
It's the end of the year again *Lord knows how many blogs out there that are using that opening line or similar on this day. Hehehe...* and I would like this post to be a summary of what has happened in the year 2011. This year had been a wild roller-coaster ride for me. I never expected things to turn out the way they did. Anyway, on to the events of 2011...

January
I went to Guilin, China and experienced winter for the first *and hopefully, the last* time in my life. Money can buy you a lot but it can't buy you experience. I know for sure that I am a Tropical kind of gal now. Hahaha.. More on my trip here.

At the Elephant Trunk Hill, one of the prominent landmarks of Guilin..

June
I turned 25 on this month! I was so ridiculously happy because first of all, it is one of my favorite numbers. Secondly, I felt that it is the ultimate mark of me being in my prime *this is just my personal notion of course*. I couldn't help but feel that something exciting is going to happen in my life. If only I knew *secret smile to self*  

By the way, I had my best birthday celebration to date on my 25th. I spend the time with friends and my Boo. Boo gave me a gift that made me do the 'ugly cry' *you know, the all out bawling kind of cry*. 


 Me, Vv and Bb
If you recognized her, yes, Vv was a finalist in the 2010 Unduk Ngadau competition. 
*I just had to mention that didn't I? Hahaha...*


With Eva and my gift from Boo

*Both pics are courtesy of dear Eva's Oh-So-Awesome DSLR..

July
Discovered something that shook my world. An unexpected surprise, one that will change my life forever. Alhamdulillah, I never knew that I would be granted such a gift. 

August
I FINALLY resigned from the Government. People said that I was going to regret my decision as others had before me. Maybe I would in the future, but so far, the only feeling that I have about it is relief and happiness. I didn't even blink when it was announced that there would be a raise for Government staff by January next year. Perhaps that is an indication that my decision was the right one? Time will tell I suppose.

November
My resignation was recognized an I am officially not a part of the Government staff any longer. *Cue Happy Feet penguin dance*  Woot woot...

December
Received news about my health that made me reel back in horror. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything would be okay.

There's not a lot of pictures this time around I'm afraid. I just realized it when I started to work on this post. Haha.. Hope you guys still enjoyed reading it though.

I want to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very Happy New Year 2012. May great and joyful things be in store for us all in the coming year. Thank you for following and reading this humble blog of mine. Your support has been and will always be invaluable. 

Cheers and wassalam...

0 comments :