About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Sunday, January 02, 2011

MAC Haul: Cham Pale Collection

I checked out the Cham Pale Collection yesterday. Before I go any further I would like to make it known that in the US and several other countries, two MAC collections came out simultaneously on the 26th December 2010. One is Cham Pale and the other one is Stylishly Yours.

Unfortunately Malaysia wont be carrying the Stylishly Yours Collection according to one of the MAC makeup artist I talked to yesterday. I feel that's such a bummer because I was so looking forward to the pigments, lipsticks and color base but I figured that it's just as well because I could focus on the Cham Pale Collection.

Here's a haul from the collection:


Caviar Dreams Quad 


The upside of this quad is that it gives a really fresh, young, even ethereal look on the eyes. I love all the colors. On the top on the left corner is Brule and the top on the right hand corner is Retrospeck. Both of these colors are from the permanent line. The bottom one on the left is Et tu, Bouquet? and the star of the quad is Caviar Dreams on the bottom right.


It does tend to have fall outs though which is really annoying because I get shimmer everywhere. If you don't have a lot of MAC shadows especially if you don't have Brule or Retrospeck I feel that getting this quad is a good deal. I also love the color Et tu, Bouquet? and despite it's glitter I think that Caviar Dreams would go well with Dangerous Cuvee paint pot.


 Rose Ole 


The surface of this highlighter is very interesting. It's inspired by the crinkle of scrunched up paper. I think aside from working as a highlighter, it can be used as a shimmery blush especially if you have a fairer skin tone. You only need a little bit for highlighter so you definitely will get you money's worth because it's going to last a long time. It also looks really natural and I like it very, very much.



 Dangerous Cuvee


This collection has 4 paint pots. The other three paint pots just look almost alike, kind of like Bare Study paint pot only with more glitter to them. Among all I feel that Dangerous Cuvee is the most unique one. Even the permanent line of paint pots don't come in grey color. I think it will go really well as an eyeshadow base because it will give just a subtle of darkness unlike a black base.



I Get No Kick Eye Kohl up close


This is my favorite product among all because it's not only so pretty and portable but because it can be used for so many things. I tried it on my water line and it helps me to look awake and bright-eyed. It can also be used as a highlighter on the cheek bones, bridge of the nose and on the inner-corner of the eyes.



I Get No Kick 


The MAC makeup artist also told me that this could be used as an eyeshadow base.However, this is an eye kohl pencil and eye kohls are soft and rarely water proof so I'm not sure how well this would work out as an eye shadow base. It might crease so just be aware of that if you have bought this product.


So there you have it, that is my first haul of 2011 and I will be giving more reviews on these products. Cheers!

0 comments :