About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Sunday, March 20, 2011

My First Experience Changing My Blog Design

Hi y'all! How do you like my blog's new look? I'm liking it a lot! If you follow me on twitter or if you are my friend on Facebook, you'd most probably known that I was unsure of which design to pick. These were my options at the time:



 Cosmetics Girl


I wanted this because it has cosmetics on it (I am after all, a makeup junkie) and it's pink! I wasn't in favor of the layout though because I'm used to my 3 equal column layout unlike this one.



Reading Books


I was thinking of getting this design because I am also a bookworm and this has a girl reading on it.. It's blue though so I didn't really feel like it reflects me for who I am and what I like.



Woman Talk


I wanted this one because it shows women having conversation (and we know when women come together, there are almost no off-limit topics even with those we just met!) and I do feel that my blog is about almost everything under the sun.

I was worried that something might go wrong so I experimented with my beauty blog that's been inactive since I've decided to do my beauty-related posts in this blog and it turned out okay. I then confidently tinkered with this blogs settings and guessed what? The templates kind of became awry.

For some reason I had 2 headers or 2 blog post body and I spent at least 3 hours trying to find a way to rectify the problem. The silver lining to the whole thing is that I have 'upgraded' from someone with zero knowledge with coded characters to someone who knows a little bit more than before.

On a side note I might start doing my beauty-related post in my other blog again. Last time I decided to just do it all in one blog. I've already changed the layout of that blog into the Cosmetic Girls' design which I think is very appropriate for what that blog is all about.

By the way, all the blog designs above are available here. However the one that I'm currently using now is by btemplates.com (search through Google please). I chose this because it's pink, it has a girl reading a book and the notebook page reflects how I am constantly writing on my notepad on any ideas that I may come up for this blog.

It's Sunday morning now and I'm getting sleepy so will see you in the next post. Cheers!


0 comments :