About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Friday, December 10, 2010

Phy Drinks Kuih Linggang...

I have been going out a lot with my elder sister lately as she has been in KK for the past week. Both of us love dining at Old Town for lunch. We have tried almost all if not all of the Old Town outlets in KK and by far our favorite outlet is been the one at Jalan Gaya.

Not only did everything that we ordered was available, the service was also very fast and the staff were competent. It was also at that outlet that I discovered my new Favorite drink.

I've never been a fan of ice blended drinks simply because I always get brain freeze and I do not have the patience to wait for the ice to melt before drinking it. Not only that, even if I somehow have the patience to wait, the taste would have been greatly compromised by the melted ice.

Having listed all of the above on why I disliked ice blended drinks, it really came as surprise to me that I have fallen in love with one. I don't remember the exact name but I know that it's a Soya Freeze Cendol with Gula Melaka. I heart this drink. I seriously feel like I am drinking a local cake/dessert called Kuih Linggang in Malay.

The name may vary according to state or district but I think most would know this cake. It's a green colored roll with coconut shavings and melted brown sugar filling. It's delicious!

This drink is very sweet though so as much as I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it I will be making a great efforts to refrain myself from drinking it everyday. It's also quite pricey which is around RM7.90. This Gula Melaka Soya Freeze also comes with Cincau instead of Cendol but I definitely prefer the Cendol over the Cincau.

Do give it a try and sorry for not having any pictures to show you guys. Next time I will try my hardest to be more diligent in taking pictures. Hehe.. Cheers!

0 comments :