About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Phy Resolutes To...

I dislike making New Years Resolutions. I don't have anything against it or those who make them religiously every year, I'm just personally not very good at keeping them. Yup, a bit sour grapes there.

It seems that whenever I make any resolutions, whether it is to reduce eating junk food, shrink down a size, do my laundry everyday, stop buying makeup or whatever it is, I have never been able to keep them. It could be because of lack of discipline, will power or both. Or maybe I was born that way.

Speaking of not buying makeup, I totally failed my Project 10 Pan. At first, I hadn't wanted to tell you guys because I am soooo embarrassed. I mean, I mentioned it everywhere, from Facebook to Youtube just so that I would feel accountable to get it done.

This failure is a perfect example of me failing to keep resolutions, whether for the New Year or otherwise.
From where this post is going, maybe you'd expect me to say that I'm soooo not making any New Years Resolutions for 2011. I thought I wouldn't either but I decided otherwise.

Why? Simply because I realized that although I fail almost every time (if not all the time) I make resolutions, I also learn something in the process. Let's take the example of my failed Project 10 Pan.One of the factors why it didn't work was because I had chosen products that I had liked but lost interest and/or had for a long time but had lost touch.

There was not one product in that list that is current or something that I have been loving recently, etc. so I kinda began to feel resentful and my makeup routine became not as enjoyable or therapeutic as it used to be anymore. It was up to the point where I didn't even bother to wear makeup for a few days.

So...

My resolutions for the year of 2011 are:

Resume Project 10 Pan.



Eat 1 piece of fruit daily.






Drink at least 2 Liters of water daily. 






Do a blog post at least once a week on both this blog and my beauty blog phoebe-loves-makeup.blogspot.com.



Post a video on my Youtube channel nurjannahbie2 at least once a week.



Walk at least 6000 steps a day.








Read 1 novel a month







Make a piggy bank to save up for my next vacation.








Document and record my finances properly.








So far, that's what I can think of. So tell me, what are YOUR New Year resolutions? Do you believe in waiting for a New Year to come in order to change for the better or otherwise?

Anyway, I want to wish all of you a very Happy New Year 2011! Cheers!!!!!!

0 comments :