About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy, Happy Day...

I went to 1Borneo yesterday (been going there quite frequently the past few days) just to enjoy a day out by myself. After having lunch at La Fuente Restaurant I decided to check out an event organized by the Alamesra Youth-PREP Center which is the Youth Art Festival with the theme Voice Out.




They had music performances by up and coming local bands, display, auctions and there were booths selling cupcakes (Cupcake Calendar), insurance (AIA) and a performing arts group which I unfortunately forgot the name of. Some of the bands were great, some were lousy and others were unique.


The painting that caught my attention. It retails for RM300


The brochure..

Their calling card, in case any of you are interested.


I did buy a chocolate cupcake from Cupcake Calendar but unfortunately I ate it before I remembered to take a picture of it. Hahaha... They cost RM5 each and thought they are pretty pricey (I've seen cupcakes sold for RM1 elsewhere) but it taste really good. I'd give them a 4/5 rating simply because I wish their chocolate chips were bigger. :)

 After that I went to MAC to buy a few things (More info on the products at phoebe-loves-makeup.blogspot.com) and to Queen Beauty Hair Saloon (Sorry if I got the name wrong) on the 3rd floor. This is my 2nd time to this saloon and so far I'm liking the service the hair stylist there provides. from the way she answers my questions, she certainly knows her craft.

If you're living or working near 1 Borneo, do give this saloon a try. I have yet to try any of their chemical treatments but I'm satisfied with my hair cut on both the occasions I've been there. It's a bit pricey and far from where I live and work but after experiencing so many disasters with my hair at random saloons I think I'd rather pay a bit more then have a disaster that takes me almost 2 years to grow out.

If you know any affordable saloons in Kota Kinabalu, do tell me about it.  :)

In a nutshell, yesterday was a happy, happy day. I got to go anywhere I wanted anytime I wanted and bought anything I wanted (and could afford obviously). How did your weekend went?

0 comments :