About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Monday, November 15, 2010

Is There A Doctor In The House?

On Sunday I went to eat lunch at Juara Restaurant when a woman approached me asking to take my blood pressure for only RM1. I agreed and after going through the painful process (to me it’s painful because the pressure only stops until I felt like my arm was 1 second from literally exploding) I got my result which I never ever dreamed I would get which is  116/70.


I had low blood pressure! Well, I’m guessing that it’s not too low, just slightly, and the exclamation mark is not a sign of happiness but of surprise. After all that I’ve been going through the past few weeks it’s amazing that my blood pressure is not sky high. I’m grateful nonetheless that I do not have high-blood pressure. That wouldn’t have been very fun I’m sure.


Now I know the reason for my tiredness which has been on-going for the past 3 weeks. I just chalked it up because of insomnia and maybe that IS the one and only reason but at least I have another factor to consider now. I’m still not over the fact that I have low-blood pressure.


I mean, when you’re plus-sized I’ve always thought that you can only get two results; normal or high blood pressure. Low blood pressure are for the slim and slender, those who don’t eat red meat. Right? Then again, I guess that there must be a lot of other factors that contribute to this other than the obvious ones.


I’m not sure what I should do to improve my condition since I’m allergic to red meat. I wonder if there are other things that I can do to normalize my blood pressure. Is there a doctor in the house that I can consult?








2 comments :

thefourtharif said...

That's not low blood pressure... thats normal... i know doctors usually say that normal blood pressure is 120/70... normal blood pressure does not have a specific value, instead it's a range... 116/70 is VERY NORMAL... hihihi keep the blood pressure around that value and you'll be ok iA..

But be careful of insomnia bcause it can lead to high blood pressure...

You're quite right that plus-sized people usually have high blood pressure ...but not always... with good lifestyle and healthy eating blood pressure can be controlled... skinny people if they smoke they'll also have high blood pressure..

hahahha tiba2 ni panjang lebar..

Phy said...

Really? Am SO relieved to know that. Yay! Panjang lebar cause dats the doctor in you speaking. Hehehe... Thanks for the info doc.. Ngeeeee... :D