About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Sunday, July 21, 2013

EOTD: Colorful Smoky Eye

Hello there..

Smoky eyes have always been in, the only difference is that it is always evolving. One season it might be intense (think black, dark gray or dark brown). In another season it might be colorful (blues and purples for example).

The look of this Summer however is taupe smoky eyes. Since candy hues are also in, I decided to combine the two trends into one look. This is what I came up with.







Here is the list of products that I used:

Eyes

1. Maybelline 24Hr Color Tattoo in Edgy Emerald. I applied this only on my lids as a base.

2. Mac Eyeshadow in Steamy (middle color in the bottom row). I layered it on top of Edgy Emerald to intensify the color further. I also used this to line the inner half of my lower lash line to echo the color of my lids.

3.Mac Eyeshadow in Satin Taupe (middle collumn, middle row). I applied this on my crease and used a heavier hand to intensify the color for a smokey look.

4. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Expresso Ink. I lined my upper lash line as well as the outer half of my lower lash line with it.


Face

1. Rimmel London 16 Hour Lasting Finish Foundation in 202 Nude.

2. Rimmel London Renew &Lift Brightening Powder in 201 Classic Beige.

3. Mac Mineralize Blush in Pressed Amber (Ltd Edt)

Lips

Mac (Lustre) Lipstick in Quietone. (Sorry, I forgot to include it in the picture above)


I had fun putting this look together and I hope you give it a try. Do remember that you can substitute the products I used for any products you have on hand to re-create this look. You can even use a different color for the lids! The point here is to combine color with taupe to create a smoky eye.

Thank you for reading this post. See you in the next one.


Love,
Phy

0 comments :