About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Mama Talk: A Simple Remedy For When Your Child Can't Do The Number Two.

Hello..

The above is not the most glamorous of topics but every child experiences constipation at one point or another so I hope this will help parents out there.. Kesian oh tengo dorang teran tapi nothing comes out. Before I share this remedy however, I would like to make a disclaimer that I am not a paediatrician nor a dietitian. I am just a mum who has tried this out afew times and am satisfied with the outcome. Try this at your own counsel.

So what is this simple yet effective remedy? It is... *drum roll please..* Orange juice! You can use store-bought juice (I personally love Minute Maid or Tropicana Twister because of the pulp) or squeeze it yourself. If you are concerned about the sugar content of store-bought juice, you can mix it with a little bit of water. I personally don't water it down and so far Sophie never showed any signs of becoming hyper from the sweetness of it.

You also don't need to give your child much for this remedy to be effective. 10ml is sufficient enough and don't forget to give him or her lots of warm water 20 minutes later. If your child still doesn't do the Number Two after that, you can repeat the process once more, leaving 2 to 3 hours of waiting time in between. In my experience, I only need to give it to Sophie once and she would pass motion within 1 to 2 hours.

As I had said before, use this method at your own counsel. While you need to be patient, if your child has not passed motion within about 6 hours of starting this home remedy, you might want to give him or her over-the-counter medication or bring them to see a doctor.

Of course, prevention is always better then cure. Incorporating fruits and veges into your child's diet, giving them lots of warm water and avoiding foods that can cause constipation such as bananas will help in reducing the likeliness of it occuring in the first place.

Finally, to be on the safe side do not use this home treatment on babies below 6 months old. If it is your child's first time drinking juice, give a smaller amount, diluted with water and observe in case he or she has an averse reaction to it.

I hope you find this useful. Cheers my dears and happy July 2013!


Love,
Phy

0 comments :