About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Friday, July 05, 2013

Recipe: Potato Salad

Hello there,

I love, love, love delicious yet easy to make recipes. Not only does it saves time and effort, you also have a fallback plan whenever you have to bring food to a potluck or if you are asked to cook something for your significant other/future in-laws for the first time. Nda la gabra running around like a hysterical, headless chicken gara2 nda tau apa mau masak kan? Hehe..

I discovered this recipe for a potato salad from a blog that I have been following and had tried it a few times. I love it because it can be served on it's own or as a side dish for roast chicken and such. I dare say that the success of making this dish actually sparked an interest in me to tinker about in the kitchen trying out new recipes. Would you like to know how to make it? Read on!

Ingredients
3 cups of water
1/2 tsp salt
3 potatoes
1-2 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp water
2 tbsp chopped spring onion
1 teaspoon chicken stock granules
A pinch of black pepper


Method
1. Add the salt to the water and set to boil.

2. Peel and dice the potatoes into equal size of your preference (keep in mind that the larger the potato dices, the longer it takes to cook) and put into the boiling water.

3. Mix all the other ingredients together in a container to make the dressing.

4. When the potatoes are done, strain them and toss with the prepared dressing.

5. Let it cool for a few minutes before chilling it for at least an hour before serving.


Serves 4.



Note:
1. To check if the boiled potato dices are done, run a fork through a piece. It should go through without much effort. Test out a few random pieces to be sure that they are all cooked.

2. It is important to dice the potatoes equally sized so that it will all cook around the same time.
3. If you don't have lemon juice, you can use 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar.

See, told ya that it was easy peasy. If you give this recipe a try, please let me know in the comments section below. You can also take a picture of it and tag me (@phylliciarobert) on Instagram. Good luck!

Thank you for reading this entry. See you again soon!

Love,
Phy



0 comments :