About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Man Of Steel - A Movie Review

Helooo..

Among the most well-known characters of DC Comics, I feel that Superman gets the least exposure in terms of being made into a movie. Hence, I think everyone from the kiddies to their Nanas are pretty excited about the release of Man Of Steel recently. I myself was quite interested to see how they would spin his tale.

Man of Steel is a prequel to the Superman story we know and loved. It tells us where he came from, who his parents are, why he is sent to planet Earth, his life trying to fit in while growing up, etc. It kinda helps us get to know and understand as well as see more of his Clark Kent side.



Psst... This is not the letter 'S' for Superman..


After watching Man Of Steel for myself, I can understand why there are so many mixed reviews on it. Those who yell "Aye!" most probably do because of the spectacular graphics and the hunky-and-beautifully-hot Clark Kent. Cliche and cheesy scenes and lines typical of heroic movies are likely the reason why the other group roar "Nay!".

My verdict? I think that it is a pretty decent story. Granted the fight scenes made me think "OMG, if I was the Mayor I'd be suing their bottoms off with trillions and trillons of dollars worth of damage done to the city" and "Kasi salasai dulu tu karaja baru bersium bah, buduh" but I felt inspired by the lesson I took away from it. The lesson is that everyone has the ability to be successful. For some people, what they are meant to do just falls on their lap. For most we have to search for our calling, work hard grooming ourselves and when we are ready, we will take off and be unstoppable.


Superman in Man Of Steel. Obviously in this prequel, he has yet to discover his love for bright colors...



...and exposing his (red) underwear..


In a nutshell, Man Of Steel has awesome graphics, great storyline and life lessons to learn from. The cheesines is not too bad so go watch it!

Have you watched any good newly-release movies lately? Share your recommendations in the comments below.

Thanks for reading this post. See you in the next one. Cheers!

Love,
Phy

P/S: All photos are courtesy of Google.

0 comments :