About me

My Photo
Phy
Former makeup enthusiast and bookworm. Currently adopting a minimalist lifestyle. Contact me at phylliciarobert@gmail.com for inquiries.
View my complete profile

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Lifestyle Change Day 5: Excuses, Excuses...

Hello there,

Do you make excuses on why you can't work out? I do. The poor Weather Man's ears must be bleeding for so often do I make up excuses from his handiwork. It doesn't help that I always manage to wake up late on the days I plan to jog, which includes today.

Alhamdulillah, I have managed to drag my butt into a pair of tracks and jogged. I must admit though, that 60% of me hadn't wanted to do it. I needed just half a lame-brained reason not to (my strongest reason today was that it's already late and I haven't had my breakfast yet so I am at risk at dying from starvation) and I would have just sat down at the breakfast table to eat.

I really had to dig deep within me to turn that remaining 40% into 51% in order to actually do it. For one thing, I knew that I would feel terrible if I didn't jog and that it would haunt me the whole day leading me to binge on food to drown out my guilt. Secondly, I knew that I would feel so much better afterwards both physically and emotionally. Lastly it is my elder sister's birthday and we're definitely going to be doing some serious eating so I needed to burn some calories in 'advance'. *Just so you know, I am fully aware that there might not be such a thing as burning calories 'in advance' before having a big meal but that thought helped me to get off my butt and jog so, whatever*

Here is my entry for today.


Food

10.00am: 1 mug DCL Red Guara coffee.

10.30am: 2 white bread toast (1 with peanut butter + light drizzle of honey and the other with a slice of Cheddar cheese)

2.00pm: 1/2 portion of rice, 4 salad prawns, 2 big broccoli florets, 2 slices of sweet and sour fish, 1 glass of Pineapple juice with no sugar.

4.30pm: 1 slice of American Cheese Cake.

8.40pm: 1/2 portion of rice, 1 small slice of sweet and sour fish, 2 salad prawns, 1 portion of mix veges, 1 sunny side up egg (seasoned).

Water intake: 3 litres.


Exercise

9.38am: Ran 1.4km, walked 1.6km at 600m-400m-400m intervals.

Until the next post. Cheers!

Love,
Phoebe

0 comments :